Wednesday, August 1, 2007

oh l'amour


Erasure!!!!!! (click for larger views):








Last night I got to see my all-time favorite group, Erasure, at the Detroit Musical Hall. I was beside myself with glee - five rows back, right in the center. Most of the audience consisted of people in their 30's and 40's, normal-looking fans who grew up in the 80's and had to work in the morning. As always, Erasure was AWESOME, and the audience's energy and happiness was infectious. The two hours they spent on stage flew by, and if they would have kept going, I would have stayed there all night. I've been on a high all week, first anticipating their concert, then thinking about all the fun I had and how much I love them.

I've been a longtime, huge fan of Erasure, and first got to see them in 1997 at Radio City when I lived in New York City. Then I saw them in March 2003 in Pontiac, Michigan at Clutch Cargo's. As I was watching the show, I realized that the last time I saw them I was dating someone, hadn't caught Lyme disease yet, and still worked in my old department here. Things have completely changed in those four years. I wonder what my life will be like the next time I see them.

I'm just so happy that I spent my teenage years in the 80's!

No comments: