Wednesday, June 6, 2007

soapy

Pink Sugar soap made by Lymie, on one of my Great-Grandma's saucers.
The blobs of dye are an accident, but the effect is cool!

Today a marvelous package arrived in the mail. I love getting packages in the mail anyway, but when I know there are fun smelling craft supplies inside, I become giddy. It was a stock of soap making supplies, with eleven little vials of new oil fragrances and a new mold. I got these scents:

Juicy Lime (of course!)
Banana
Clementine
Coconut Lime Verbena
Exotic Coconut
Pink Sugar
Brown Sugar & Fig
Grapefruit
Tootie Frootie

The eleventh scent is Blueberry Verbena - and it's my new favorite. Here's the oil description: The perfect blend of sweet summer blueberries and citrusy verbena. Top notes of juicy blueberry, orange, and lemon verbena lead to a fruity-floral middle of strawberry, pear, lilac, and violet. A soft, lasting drydown is provided by vanilla and musk. Bottom Line: Fruity, citrusy, and a bit old-fashioned.

I didn't take its picture because it's been in the bathtub with me for two nights in a row and has lost its glossy shape. The scent, however, remains heavenly.

Anything sound good? I have lots of supplies and I'll make my loyal readers some soap! Leave me your request in a comment.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my...blueberry one sounds heavenly...you would make one for me? wittle ol me?

I love all your photos...you are the best!

Mare

Anonymous said...

Well, as long as you are at it... :-) I was in a field of wild blueberries this weekend, and I shall think of that each time I use your soap.

Muchas gracias mi amiga.

Anonymous said...

Sigh...your grandparents...such a beautiful story. And you have relics! So lucky.