Monday, November 24, 2008

dark darkness

frozen leaves
Leaves frozen in the birdbath.

It is so dark. SO DARK.

I took this photo with the very last of the daylight, around 5 p.m. It's dim, gray, gloomy, damp, and schloopy outside, and I'm pretty much feeling that way on the inside, too. It's a combination of so many things. The onset of winter. Having two colds in a month. Going to work in the dark to a windowless building, and then coming home in the dark. Approaching my 39th birthday in a week, taking stock, and finding so many empty spaces for dreams that never came true.

It's just one of those nights.

1 comment:

Genie said...

I love damp and schloopy, but being barred from seeing it all day would really get me down. Poor thing, having to run out and milk the last light of the day to get your "fix."

I honestly don't know how you work with Lyme, I haven't been able to work in 15 months.