Saturday, November 22, 2008

fille malade la deuxième partie

boots

Yesterday when the alarm went off, I could barely force myself out of bed. I spent the day groggy, congested, and slightly achey. The first thing that always comes to mind is "crap, the Lyme is flaring again." Because I just had a cold. Like two weeks ago. So I couldn't have another one, right?

Um. Yeah. I'm sick again. I don't know why I'm catching everything this season; it's not even officially winter, and I've been sick twice. Maybe the unseasonably cold weather? Who knows. It's annoying.

I was awake at the ungodly hour of 7:30 a.m. this morning. On a SATURDAY. After laying there sniffing, sneezing, and unable to fall back to sleep, I got up. It was a pretty morning, with dim early-winter morning light, so I took the dogs out and grabbed my camera, capturing these photos.

berries

wisteria

Last night I took my sickly self to see Twilight. I'm pretty sure I was one of the oldest people in the audience - most were teenage girls, giggling with their friends. I never really feel old until I'm surrounded by high schoolers. Even though I've been graduated from high school for (eh-hem) 21 years, it really doesn't seem like that long ago. Looking around at the line of young people waiting at the theater, I realized that I could be these kids' mom. Their mom!! When my mom was my age, I was in 18 or 19 and in college. I just can't imagine.

But I digress. Anyway, the movie was GREAT! I think they did a fantastic job interpreting the book; they even made Bella more edgy and strong than the rather wimpish way she appears in the book. The strangest thing was that movie looked exactly how I had pictured the book in my head. Everything - Bella's house, her truck, the cafeteria, the town - was like they had lifted it right from my brain. That is scary, indeed.

And I totally want Victoria's hair:

It's now 11 a.m. and I'm going back to bed to try and sleep off this cold. Stupid germs.

1 comment:

Merily said...

Those shots are amazing. So pure and neat.