Sunday, December 21, 2008

longest night of the year

blue sky

Happy winter solstice. I finally managed to put up my tree today. I seriously considered just taking the box back downstairs and skipping the whole thing this year, but I made my mopey self do it.

Then I made possibly the most depressing iTunes mix ever to be heard during the holiday season:


Breathe Me - Sia
Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own - U2
The Edge of the Ocean - Ivy
Farewell - Rosie Thomas
Living in Twilight - The Weepies
Both Sides Now - Joni Mitchell (Love Actually version)
Prayer for the Dying - Seal
No Surprises - Radiohead
Into the Fire - Thirteen Senses
Mazzy Star - Dust
bird feeder
 Then I ate cupcakes. And took a nap. The windchill here was -20, so it was nice to hunker down on the couch while the wind blew snow against the windows.
icicles
shadow
 Here is my oldest ornament, given to me by my kindergarten teacher. It's a gold glass ball, with my name on it in red nail polish.
lisa
 And on the reverse, it says the year. Yikes, that was a long time ago.
74
 This is the neckline of one of the nightgowns I made for my nieces. I still have to do some finishing on the elastic wristbands, but they're almost done.
nightgown
 And here is my tree.
tree

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

holy crap, lisa, your tree is gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! :o) I love all your warm, rounded edged photos. Hooray for PS, eh?

Miss you tons...