Thursday, March 19, 2009

a good week

This photo has absolutely nothing to do with this post.
He is my new celebrity crush: Mather Zickel from "Rachel Getting Married". Oh, yeah.


Sometimes I forget that it's o.k. to be good to myself. I was in the health food store the other day, and came across pink Himalayan sea salts for $8 a pound. When I saw the price, I kept going - I mean, $8 for about 1 cup of salt seemed so frivolous.

By the time I got my organic French roast coffee from the bulk food section, I had changed my mind. A few months ago I would go through the drive through and spend $6 on fried calories, topping it off with a $4 pint of Ben & Jerry's (Chubby Hubby, of course!) and think nothing of the cost. So $10 wasted on food that would make me feel sluggish and guilty? Or $8 for something that is so good for you - plus I get to have a bath on top of it all, which is heavenly. I plunked down my $8.37 for a carton and don't regret it.

I've been working hard the past few weeks, exercising more than I have since I got Lyme and then had foot surgery. My muscles are sore-in-a-good way and I'm remembering how invigorating it is to crank up my favorite music, get on the treadmill, and sweat any angst of the day out of me. I ate very healthy this week, cooking all my meals from scratch and taking lunch to work. I am proud of myself.

I love Thursday nights, because on Friday (my weigh-in day), all the Weight Watchers points reset and it's a brand new week of possibilities. To reward myself, I dumped the entire pound of pink sea salt into the jacuzzi tub tonight and soaked in all those wonderful minerals for 40 minutes. It was better than any Big Mac I've ever had.

(This is a note to Naomi, who left such a nice comment on my previous blog: I've been trying to leave a comment on your blog, and I can't get it to post. Do you have a Facebook or myspace page? Let me know!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you go, girl! so very proud of you!!!

Michelle said...

Way to splurge on YOU!

I got my himalyan sea salt @ http://www.sustainablesourcing.com/

Remember, you're worth these "splurges"!

greeneoisie said...

That guy is so hot!!!!
Hi it's me, I don't know what's going on with my blog comments, but I saw your comment back to me on your blog the other day. Thanks for all the supportive things you said!!!

--Naomi
(I don't do facebook yet.)