Saturday, September 6, 2008

put a hex on the herx

curtains!
Curtains!

Well, after all my grand "I'm changing my life, I barely have Lyme, and I'm going to do new and exciting things, blah, blah, blah" speech, you'll never guess what I woke up to today.

I'm herxing.

Yep, all the old favorites are back. Chest pressure, heavy legs, wierd neurological yuckies all over and especially in my legs and feet, jumpy vision. Yay, the bacteria are dying. Crap, there are still bacteria in me left to die. It's still so much better than it used to be, though. On a scale of 1 to 10, this herx would be about a 3. At my worst, a herx would be, oh I don't know, maybe a 27? Regardless, still annoying.

I refuse to fix up the couch as Herxy Central because I'm planning on not feeling awful for long. If I need to sleep, I will - it's the most healing thing. But no hunkering down in the living room like I'm hiding in a bomb shelter unless things get really nasty.

I was able to get some things done today anyway. I changed my living room around, vacuuming behind and under all the furniture where all the cat hair, dog bones, and hair scrunchies end up. I moved my bookcase back against the north wall, and there it will stay. This entailed taking the books off of it, dusting all the shelves, and arranging the books back on it. Anything with the word "arranging" or "organizing" makes me moan in despair, so this was not fun.

Then the kind mailman brought me my curtains and rods I ordered from JC Penney. Whoo-hoo! They're brick red, microsuede thermals that will help block both heat and cold upstairs. They look great, and I love love love the glass finials I chose for the ends of the rods. They look like little pumpkins.

The late afternoon was just gorgeous - warm in the sun, cool in the shade, a slight breeze that was a combination of the two. I took my book out under the tree to relax with the dogs, but after an hour I had to come inside and take a nap. I just couldn't hold my head up anymore and the Lyminess of myself was in full force. I thought I'd sleep for awhile and then go back outside and continue enjoying the day.

When I woke up, it was dark out. Dark! I slept for THREE AND A HALF HOURS. And this is after nine hours of sleep last night. Good grief.

I'm off to soak in the jacuzzi tub with Epsom salt to help detox myself. Then, more sleep, and hopefully tomorrow I'll wake up feeling better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is nothing compared to what you've been through before. curse it (whilst shaking your fist in the air) and then ignore it. meahwhile, can you think of anything you had yesterday that might have been a trigger?

Adi said...

oh the ups and downs with lyme. i know them well. i tell my girlfriend to remind me: it always gets better. it always gets worse again, but then, it always gets better...;-)