Wednesday, October 1, 2008

"Knisper! Knasper! Knusper!"

shoes!
Trying on my jeans, which now (tightly) fit, and my fun girlie shoes, which now (barely) fit my still-healing left foot.

When Gen and her husband get settled in their new house, I'm planning on sending them a care package. In it will be Cap'n Crunch cereal, graham crackers (which they don't have in Australia - the travesty!) to make s'mores, marshmallows (which are a different taste and consistency than here), and other fun food.

I e-mailed her asking if they had Rice Krispies there, and she replied that they have Rice Bubbles, which is Kellogg's Australian brand name for the cereal. RICE BUBBLES! Isn't that the best name EVER? For some reason, it makes me all giddy and tickly.

It's so strange to think of growing up eating Rice Bubble Treats. In fact, there's NO recipe for it on the Rice Bubble recipe page. Horrors! They do, however, have pre-made ones, called LCM's, with marshmallow flavor. I told Gen not to buy them, and to wait until I send her the ingredients to make homemade ones. I hope she likes them as much as I always have. I've been known to plow through a pan of them in record time.

Wikipedia has an interesting article about Rice Krispies, including how to say "Snap! Crackle! Pop!" in nine different languages.

I really need to get a hobby.

No comments: