Tuesday, October 14, 2008

travel mania

pumpkin farm

After a week of eggplant/ricotta pizza, yummy homemade ice cream cake, rice balls, fresh mozzarella cheese, bagels and cream cheese, sushi and tempura goodness, a giant burger with fries and onion rings . . . well, I was ready to eat better. I had decided in advance that I would enjoy myself and my food during my vacation, but not go crazy and stuff myself until bursting. I ate far smaller portions of the above food than I would normally, trying to eat consciously. For the most part, it worked (burger not included).

The tricky part is reverting back to healthy food when your brain is still in vacation mode. Yesterday it was a challenge for me to begin portioning and counting my points on the Weight Watcher's site, but I made myself do it anyway. I stocked up on fruit, vegetables, and other whole foods at Westborn and found that I had missed my squash, plums, and nightly big salad.

Transitioning back into my plan has been easier than I expected, and makes me hopeful that this way of eating is becoming a lifestyle for me. I'm enjoying eating lighter and more nutritious foods, and am feeling less Lymie overall. And that is motivation enough for me.

pumpkin farm!

Tomorrow morning, my boss and I are headed to Washington, D.C., for a two-day meeting. Yes, I was just there last Monday. We found out about it this afternoon, so I've been in a frenzy of packing an overnight bag, setting up dog-sitting (thanks, Jim), and cleaning up the random clutter in my house. Luckily, I was too lazy to completely unpack from New Jersey, so I just transferred things from my big suitcase to my bag, and did a load of laundry.

The flight takes off at 7 a.m., which means I have to get up around 4 a.m. to make it to the airport. Yippee.

In the meantime, please enjoy the photos of Laura's adorable daughters at the pumpkin farm. I'm missing them horribly already!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like that you give yourself allowances for vacations and have the dedication to return to the 'plan' afterward! ps, i just noticed the lymie tracker - congratulations!!!