Thursday, October 30, 2008

oops

disgruntled bunny
This photo makes me laugh every time I see it. Jim is in the background whoopin' it up, and Bobby has the most disgusted look on her face like, "Seriously? I'm 80 years old and I have to put up with his shenanigans?" It was taken last weekend at an awesome Halloween party.

Today was a long, stressful day at work. I'm still battling my cold and am only just starting to get my voice back. After running a work errand and a theater errand, I didn't get home until 6:30, and wanted nothing more than to heat up my macaroni and cheese Lean Cuisine and call it a night. Which is what I did. It tasted fantastic. Much better than I remembered it tasting. I ate and ate and ate, thinking, "Man, this is huge! This is a lot of food for 300 calories!" I finished, went back to the kitchen, and noticed the empty box laying on the counter.

It was a REGULAR Stouffer's macaroni and cheese, not a light one. I had bought the wrong kind. Crap! And then I read the corner: Large Size. Double crap! And then I flipped the box over and saw that one serving is 350 calories! And there are 2 1/2 servings in the container!! Horrifying triple crap! I had accidentally packed away 850 calories in one sitting. No wonder it was so tasty and filling. Note to self: do not go food shopping while on cold medicine.

I must say, I enjoyed every calorie-laden, sodium-filled, bad-for-you bite. And now I will move on. It's time for a relaxing jacuzzi tub bath, followed by a new episode of Grey's Anatomy. Happy Halloween Eve!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Bobby!
And Stouffers mac and cheese reminds me of my grandma - she used to buy them on sale and give them to me when I visited home. Mum was always thinking of me :)